1. Caffeine was found to an effective relief for headache. It works the same with ibuprofen. If you combine both caffeine plus ibuprofen you will get the best combination but be careful with your intake. Sometimes caffeine is responsible for rebound headaches. Caffeine can be found in coffee, tea and other carbonated beverages.
2. Ginger like ginger root and tea is also a headache helper. It acts as a natural antihistamine and anti-inflammatory. This is effective in preventing migraine from getting worse.
3. Food rich in vitamin B2 or a dose of it helps boost energy in brain and muscle cells. It is effective as aspirin in reducing and treating migraines.
4. Eating complex carbohydrates that can be found in whole grain bread, rice, pasta and veggies gives the energy your body needs. It helps by reducing the duration and frequency of migraines. It also prevents the migraine from getting worse.
5. Omega-3 found in fish particularly wild fish is also effective in combating migraine.
6. Foods rich in magnesium like legumes, squash and spinach are found to reduce migraine attack.
7. Another way to combat migraine is aromatherapy. Green apples scents are found to be effective in reducing migraine pain.